Monday, March 7, 2011

Thanks on a Monday morning

It was really cold outside this morning. I forgot to plug my car in and I didn't give myself enough time to let the car run before I had to leave. So when I started the car it grumbled. A lot. But it started. And five minutes later it was time for me to leave for work. That meant I had to scrape the windows (oh, it would be nice to have a garage). So while I was outside scraping the windows I listened to the sounds around me. There were birds. I was a bit surprised because it's a bit cold for birds. Yes, there were the normal winter bird sounds of chickadees and other birds of that variety, and then there were other random happy birdy sounds. I like that. It means that winter is closer to being over. I love spring. Everything comes alive again. And now it's light in the morning when I go to work. And now the birds are awake when I leave for work, and they are singing again. Ah, spring. I am thankful for the new life of Spring.

No comments: