Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, March 14

Today was kind of a blah day. It started off not too great, and by coffee break at work I just wanted to go home. But I stuck it out. And then I laughed all the way home at 4:30. You want to know why? Because the temperature outside has been above freezing all day. That means there are puddles. Big ones. I love puddles. When I was 8 or so I used to put on my rubber boots and splash. And when I got water in my boots I would put bread bags inside the boots and keep splashing. Well, now I have a car. Yes, I still like splashing with boots, but cars make bigger splashes. There's the kind where you run through and the water cleans the sidewalk, and there's the kind that washes the entire car and requires the uses of the wipers so you can see again. Ah, love them. I am that driver behind you who speeds up so I can get a good splash and then laughs like crazy when I get to splash. I also grumble when you slow down so you don't splash. Because by you slowing down you have ruined my possibility of a good splash. But anyway, today I had lots of good splashes. And after I picked Gloria up at the babysitter we went looking for puddles. She would point them out for me and after we made glorious splashes with the car she would ask for more and look for another puddle. Good Girlie. Yep, puddles make for a good Monday. Now I have to take Gloria to the store so we can get rubber boots so we can splash when we walk.

No comments: