Saturday, March 12, 2011

30 days of blogging - day 25

My day - in a bit of detail It's only 1:30, so my day isn't over yet, so you don't get all the details. But you can have what happened so far, and I'll fill in the rest later. It's Saturday, so I tend to make Saturdays Gloria days, because I don't get to spend a lot of time with her during the week, working full time kind of takes quality time away. Yay for Saturdays! Anyway, my morning could have started at 8 this morning when Gloria woke up. But instead Tony got up with Gloria and made french toast with her while I slept in until 9 (I didn't say I spent the quality time with her). After a bit I showered (and surprisingly, Gloria did too, she now appears to like showers, but only with me) and got dressed and stuff, yelled at Gloria for peeling the paint off the wall, (you know how it is with kids, there's one little tear in something and they have to pick at it. Grr, so Tony got to call the landlord and he will come over and fix it for us later) and we went to story time at the library. Gloria does not sit through all of story time, she doesn't like to watch the movies. I think it's a ploy so she gets her choice of shopping cart and baby to play with before the other kids leave story time. We borrowed some books from the library then we went to the toy store. I like toy stores, but they make me want to buy everything for Gloria. But I don't. We did buy her a Little People toy and some sun glasses, and that's exactly what we went in the store to buy, yay for us for not buying everything that looks like fun. When we got home we had a picnic lunch on our living room floor and then I put Gloria to bed for her nap. Then I swept the floors and dusted (for real dusting, not just blowing the dust off the shelves, it was too dusty for that) and now I am on the computer. I will sit and read a book for a bit, and when nap time is over we will go sledding. I like Saturdays. It's now 9 p.m. and here I am again at the computer. We did go sledding. Gloria even went down the hill a few times by herself. It's nice that she likes sledding now. When we got home Gloria helped me make cookies. Mostly she helped by eating the chocolate chips, but that is helpful in its own way. Then we went to the grocery store and bought hotdogs and then we went to Parents' house and roasted the hotdogs in their fireplace. While Gloria took a bath, I talked to Robin on the phone. Don't worry parents, I used a calling card, not your phone line to call. You're welcome. Now we are at home again, Gloria is in bed and I'm on the computer. I will read a bit again before I go to bed. I might drink some tea too. It was a pretty good Saturday I think.

No comments: