a recipe
This is our current favourite. It's from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
Puffed Oven Pancake
Place 2 tbsp butter in an ovenproof skillet (or pan). Place in 400 degree oven for 3-5 minutes until the butter melts.
In a mixing bowl whisk 3 eggs until combined. Add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat until smooth.
Pour the egg/milk/flour mixture into the skillet with the melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes until it is puffed and well browned.
Serve warm with whipped cream and fruit. Or yogurt. Or peanut butter and syrup. Or what ever you would eat on pancakes.

This serves about 3-4 people. But it might only serve 2, it's really good.
2 comments:
That looks really good. I want some. Now I need an oven so I can make some too.
I tried it. Really good. Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday.
Post a Comment