Monday, March 7, 2011

30 days of blogging - day 20

A hobby of mine I had to ask Tony if I have any hobbies. His answers weren't exactly something I would blog about, so he wasn't entirely helpful. I guess I'm on my own on this one. I guess one of my hobbies is baking. I love baking. It's fun, I make something that generally turns out well, and I get to give it to other people to enjoy. I tend to eat too much of it myself, but I have the option of passing the baked goodness on to other people if I want. And it's fun to find new recipes to try. I visit by far too many cooking websites and blogs to explore what other people are creating. There are some fascinating things out there. There's this cake I can't wait to try, but I need a reason to make cake. Okay, you never actually need a reason for cake, but I need to make sure I have people to share it with, I shouldn't have an entire cake at my house. I don't need to eat it. And Gloria gets to help me with baking too. She has started putting the dry stuff in the bowl. She also likes to help stir, but that means whatever we are making ends up on the counter, but she likes to try, and she will let me "help" her sometimes. I unfortunately don't try as many things as I find on these random websites and blogs, but I print all the recipes I like and I like to think one day I will have more time to bake more. So I have to be prepared right? I would hate to be caught without a recipe.

No comments: