Over a year ago I started a happy book. I decided I needed to think more happy thoughts and if I made a point of writting them down I might be more active in looking for those happy thoughts. Well, I haven't been very good at thinking happy thoughts. I will go months without writting anything at all in my book, and other days I will write 10 or more things down.
I read through my happy thoughts the other day. I smiled the entire time I read it. Apparently I like slurpees, because in the not quite 200 thoughts I have written down I have slurpees as a happy thought 3 or 4 times. Really though, slurpees are happiness in a cup (that's a quote from Jackie. It's happy thought #30 in my book).
What else has made my book? Well, #28 - cool sequences on the odometer, #44 - cold water to drink, #56 - chicken wings, #84 - being done exams, #90 - watching football (apparently not last weekend though, I missed the game, but I heard I didn't miss much because the Riders didn't show up to play anyway), #108 - Heritage Lake, #153 - seeing God in the trees, #175 - two year old Simon Says, #191 - summer. And there are lots in there about my husband and the girlie, because I like them. Lots.
I really should write in my happy book more often because it reminds me that I am happy, even on the less than happy days. I like being happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment