![]()
So lately Gloria has had issues with going to bed. It's really never been a problem before. Tony or I would read her stories, sing songs and say prayers, then say good night and leave the room and we wouldn't hear a thing from her. The last few months she has decided that both Tony and I need to put her to bed. Then she decided that one of us needs to lay down with her for a bit. Not that bad, I would stay there for a few minutes then tell her I had to go, and she would be fine. This week life is over. Seriously. If I leave the room while she is awake she screams like life has ended. To the point of hyperventilating. But she would always stay in bed. Last night she got out of bed when I left the room and stood at the door screaming and banging on the door. Tonight it was an issue getting her into the bedroom, never mind into the bed. Grrr. So what used to take 15-20 minutes now takes 1.5-2 hours. I don't like taking 2 hours to put my kid to bed. It's very frustrating and I have no idea what to do about it. It's to the point now that by the time I get her to sleep it's time for me to go to bed. I don't have time to do the dishes or clean up the house at all. All I do in the evening is put a kid to bed. It's a good thing that face is so cute.
2 comments:
update: Gloria slept for all of 5 hours last night. Of course it wasn't all at the same time. I'm tired today.
That sucks. I'm sorry Joyce! The good news is that she won't be two years old forever. You are doing a great job with her and this stage will pass. Hang in there!
Post a Comment