Thursday, July 21, 2011

New food - Polenta

 I have been seeing polenta everywhere lately, which makes me curious.  What exactly is polenta?  and why should I eat it?  So when I saw it on the menu at Taste of Saskatchewan I thought I might as well try it.  Polenta, by the way, is a dish made from corn meal, not corn bread, more like a corn meal mush.  Mom compares it to grits.  So, off to the Cava Caffe tent to try Grilled Herbed Polenta with a Tuscan Ragu of fresh market vegetables.  The sauce (that's the Tuscan Ragu stuff, who knew that was sauce?) on the polenta was spectacular, I really enjoyed it, and I would eat the polenta again.  It tasted like less solid corn bread to me.  I don't know if that's what it should taste like, but I enjoyed that anyway.  Now that I have an idea of what polenta tastes like I can try out the recipes I have been hording. 

Gloria ate ice cream for supper.  I don't blame her.  The Raspberry frozen yogurt from Homestead is yummy.

No comments: