It's too easy to complain. I decided I need to be more thankful. I also thought I would share.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Monday, February 28
Outside my window… it is really gross. There is lots of blowing snow and it's really cold. Driving home from work wasn't too bad today, if you ignore the snow blowing across the highway so you really couldn't see much of the road. Besides that it was great.
I am thinking… about cookies. I made some peanut butter chocolate cookies (fiddle diddles with peanut butter in them) for band. But we didn't have band tonight, so I have 3 dozen delicious cookies on my counter waiting for someone to eat them.
I am thankful for… letters in the mail. I got a letter from Robin today. It's fun to get stuff in the mail that isn't bills. Tony phoned me at work today and told me I got a letter, and could he open it. Of course not, part of the joy of getting a real letter in the mail is opening it. I like letters.
I am going… to study. That's why I'm on the computer: you have to do something else, pretty much anything else before you study. And while you study.
I am hoping…that Tony gets a job soon. While I enjoy having a house husband, he really needs a job.
I am hearing… Gloria splashing in the bathtub. And I am listening to some unfortunate pan flute music. This one is a rendition of that song in Titanic, and it has some really bad key changes. Key changes don't make bad music better. Tony doesn't agree with my dislike of pan flutes. He is, of course, wrong in his opinion and we should never listen to pan flute music.
I am reading... a book about The Price is Right. I love that game show. This book goes through the history of the show, how it was developed, how the games were created, and it talks about the models and some memorable contestants. The only unfortuante thing about it is that it is a few years old, so it was written before Bob Barker retired and Drew Carey joined the show, so we don't get any of the comentary about the transition between hosts. I think that would be interesting to read. But, in the meantime, I love The Price is Right and I am enjoying reading about it. It's interesting what you can find at the library.
Around the house… there are many, many toys scattered around. Because that's how you play, you dump one thing out, and throw it around. And then you dump something else out and throw it around. And then you continue in this fashion until Mom gets tired of and makes someone clean it up.
A few plans for the rest of the week: night school at church (it's like small group, but more indepth and educational. ), I'll study for a final, I'll write that final, and I'll go to an illusionist (it's like a magic show, but illusion, not magic).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment