Friday, June 10, 2011

Thankfulness on Friday

Things that I'm thankful for today:

• That Tony finally has found a job. After 4 months of looking he finally is working. It sucks that it’s out of town. It sucks that it’s 11 days out of town and only 3 days home. It sucks that I won’t see him much this summer. But he will get lots of experience and that’s a good thing. I am still praying that Potash Corp will hire him in the fall.
• Gloria is such a good kid. I’m not meant to be a single parent, and with Tony out of town pretty much all the time I am essentially a single parent. It is so good that she is a good kid, because if she wasn’t I would go crazy with her by myself. Granted, it’s only been a week of my single-parenthood so we still have lots of time to discover how crazy I can go. But in the meantime, Gloria is good. She generally listens well, she sleeps well, she usually wakes up happy, and if she’s not happy a cuddle will help things (and who says no to a cuddly 2 year old?). I’m very thankful she is good.

• Flowers. The flowerbeds on campus have been planted. The flowers are pretty and make me happy. It makes me want a flowerbed of my own. For now I will appreciate other people’s flowers.

• Soup. I love soup. It’s delicious, even in the summer. I make soup a lot.

• Cell phones. Yes, we finally bought one. Now I can talk to Tony everyday while he is out of town.

No comments: