1 large sweet onion, chopped
2 tsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 jars (15.5 oz each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained (15 oz is approx 450 ml)
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup half-and-half cream
In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Remove 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in cream. Return remaining puree to pan. Stir in the cream mixture; heat through (do not boil).
** this was good and we would make it again. We should probably do it right this time though. We ended up using roasted pimentos, and they worked fine, but it probably wasn't the flavor we were looking for. But that's what happens when you don't do the shopping yourself. Oh well. We also only used half the amount of peppers/pimentos the recipe called for. It was still good, but I think a stronger flavor would be better. I thought the soup was a bit thick and I would add more broth to it, but I like thin soups. We thought the soup would be really good with pasta in it, or as a dip with cheese and nachos. Gloria enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment