Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We went to the zoo

On Friday I drove past the zoo.  Gloria, who was in the car asked if we could go.  Well, maybe tomorrow I had to tell her.  So on Saturday we went.  The zoo in the winter:  the animals are more active, it's way less busy, it's a good excuse to go outside, and it's free.  I like free.  Sp we went to the zoo and watched the bears nap, we watched the eagles hop from perch to perch.  We saw the wolves and the foxes and the cougars wandering their pens.  We watched the keepers feed animals, so Gloria and I had discussions about how foxes eat chicken, just like we do, except that the foxes chicken is a bit fuzzier than the chicken we eat.  She threw some snowballs at me.  The elk were still hiding though.  I haven't seen them this year at all.  I think the sign is there but the animals aren't.  Although, the droppings in the elk pen would suggest that there are elk present. 

It was a fun day at the zoo. 

No comments: