So far Colin is a good baby, he's fairly content and doesn't cry much. He does like to be held pretty much all the time and is quite certain that no one ever feeds the baby. I feel differently about the feeding the baby thing, I feel like feeding the baby takes most of my day. And his weight story also shows that he eats lots. He was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth. On the Saturday we left the hospital he was 8 lbs 1 oz, and the next day he was 7 lbs 11 oz. So he was losing weight, but that's normal. Two days later he was 8 lbs 4 oz and on his 10 day check up he was 9 lbs 7 oz. He eats lots. His cheeks are getting rounder and he is starting to get a double chin.
Gloria thinks Colin is the greatest. The first thing she does every morning is find him. "Where's him?" she will ask. She sometimes remembers to call him Colin, and occasionally calls him "that." She loves to hold him and has to give him kisses and hugs at bed time, or just about any time of the day she thinks about it. We have to keep reminding her to not wake him up, and you don't have to shake his hand just because he's sleeping. She is also quite interested in how he eats. "Why is he eating your boobies?" she asks me. And is okay with the answer that that is how babies eat.
We are slowly adjusting to life with two kids at home. I am remembering what it's like to be at home all the time instead of going to work every day. I find that I forget what day it is, there isn't much to distinguish one day from another. I realize I have forgotten what to do with small babies, but fortunately they don't do much for the first bit so I can slowly learn again what to do with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment