Monday, February 20, 2012

We're going to the zoo!

We went to the zoo today.  The zoo here is free in the winter, I like that price, and since we hadn't been there in about a year I decided today was the day to go.  We loaded the kids into the car and drove to the zoo.  Gloria kept asking us where we were going and I kept answering her that we were going to the zoo.  And because it's Monday she knew I would be going to band (or she heard us mention that I was going to band today, I don't think she can tell the difference between any days of the week), so she asked me, "We go to the zoom when you go to band?"  Nope, we all get to go to the zoo(m) together.  Gloria insisted on wearing her (okay, it's Patience's) giraffe costume today, so we went to the zoo with a giraffe.  It was funny how many comments we heard about the giraffe.  Now, in fairness, the zoo here is fairly simple.  It's mostly sheep and deer with a few birds, wolves and foxes thrown in for good measure (and the lions have babies now, so it's a bit more interesting), so a giraffe at the zoo is something to talk about.  "Look at the giraffe."  "There's a giraffe."  "Oh, look, how cute, a giraffe at the zoo."  Lots and lots of comments.  And, in all fairness, she makes a pretty darn cute giraffe.  And she was being super cute today too, saying hi to everyone and exclaiming loudly over everything she saw.  Who knew owls were that fascinating?  And it's funny how the wolf walks.  And the lion poops.  Wow.  We might have to go to the zoo again. 

And you get a picture of Colin too, because he is also super cute.  Really, look at those smiles.  I know you're smiling now too.  How can you not?

1 comment:

Robin said...

Your kids are adorable. That could be the cutest baby smile I've ever seen.