Friday, May 27, 2011

Thanks for Friday

Here are some random things I'm thankful for today:

• Special skettis – I made some for supper last night and had leftovers for lunch today. My lunch was delicious (for those of you who don’t know, special skettis is spaghetti with tomato soup and cheese. It’s special because we didn’t really get to eat it often when we were kids. Hence the special name it gets.) I made the spelling up for skettis. I don’t think we have ever written that word before. I think it’s more a verbal word than a written word.
• Trees that flower – campus is beautiful right now, all the trees are flowering right now. It’s pretty, and it smells good. I like trees that flower. I’m also thankful that I don’t have allergies.

• Jokes told by small children – I saw Josiah, Abby and Robert today. They were visiting the dinosaurs. Josiah told me knock knock jokes as only four year olds can. And then Abby told me jokes in the two year old way. The jokes weren’t funny, but it was fun to have jokes told to me, and I laughed at the jokes anyway.

• I wrote a final yesterday, that means I have no more of the Interpersonal Communications class. I won’t miss it. I did okay on the exam. I would like to say I did well, but I’m fairly certain I didn’t. You see, the text book for that class is the perfect cure for insomnia, not that I have that issue. But if I did I would read that text book. Yep, every time I tried to study I fell asleep. Not terribly productive. The short answer portion on the final was sketchy, I even debated skipping that part, but then I realized that some of the other questions on the exam actually answered the short answer questions for me. Good thing I reread the exam otherwise I wouldn’t have had a clue how to answer those short answer questions.

• Weekends. I am very glad it’s Friday and going to be the weekend soon. I think this weekend is going to be busier than I wanted, but whatever. It’s still the weekend and will be fun.

No comments: