Friday, May 20, 2011

Thankfulness for a Friday

Random things I'm thankful for today.  Somedays you just need to think in bullets. 

• This morning was one of those mornings that was perfect for having your tea out on the porch. You know, not cold, not yet hot, no bugs, nice breeze. If I had a porch I would have sat on it while I drank my tea. Instead I used my imagination. It was a good cup of tea in my kitchen. 


• My job is permanent. Now I don’t have to wonder what happens for work in August. Now I know what happens for my work in August. I like knowing.

• Girlie plays with her friends outside. The neighbor kids like her. They will come to our door and ask if Gloria can come play. They will even watch us drive up in our car, and wait for us to open the door and then ask if Gloria can play. No need to go in the house. It’s nice to watch her with kids. She’s bossy.

• Those zucchini things from M&M. Yummy.

• Tony and I have been playing Settlers of Catan lately. He has won all the games so far, I have done poorly. That sucks. But I like the part where we spend time together that’s not watching television. Although, we do still have a few series to finish watching. But they can wait.

• Gloria has started picking out the shoes I should wear. I put one pair on one morning and she pointed to another pair, “no, those ones Mommy.” She has good taste.

• Coke Zero. Mmmm, bubbly caffeine. Can you go wrong?

• Sidewalk chalk. It’s fun drawing on the sidewalk. And once it rains we can have a clean drawing board again.

No comments: