Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, April 4

Today was a good day.  I didn't work.  I like having random days off.  So after I dropped Gloria off at the babysitter (yes, I gave her to the babysitter.) I sat around home and read a book and did some laundry.  I eventually went to my doctors appointment which wasn't quite the outcome I wanted, but whatever.  Then I went shopping.  By myself.  Without a two year old.  But I didn't actually buy much.  I wanted to buy clothes, but I am too cheap to spend $25 on a tshirt and $60 on jeans.  So I went to Dollarama and bought stuff.  I like the prices there. 

Today I sent a package to Robin.  It's an Easter package, but will get there in June.  Easter is late this year. 

I also discovered today that I hate the comfort fit pants from Reitmans.  Really, really dislike them.  For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about these pants have no zipper.  They are jeans with no fly, they are stretchy material and you just pull them on.  They're maternity pants for those of us who aren't pregnant.  Why would I want to wear maternity pants when I'm not pregnant?  Another thing I really don't like about them is that the material is too stretchy.  I wear them once and they stretch too much to wear again.  I would wear a belt to keep the pants up, by they are maternity pants.  And maternity pants don't have belt loops.  So I can't wear a belt with them.  And because they are stretchy if you put anything in the pockets heavier than a loonie, the pants are weighed down too much.  I will never buy another pair of these pants.  So that's my review of those pants.  Gross, don't buy them.

Gloria has been cute tonight.  She's watching "Rack, Shack, and Benny."  It's a Veggie Tales movie and in it there are chocolate bunnies.  And Gloria is wandering around the living room with her stuffed bunny on her back ("piggy Mommy.  Bunny piggy.") watching veggies and having fun. 

It's been a good day.  I like random days off with nothing to do. 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

yes,aren't they great? You need one of those every once in a while.

Jackie said...

Not until June? Wow,that's crazy!! Guess we should of got on that sooner. oops. glad you enjoyed your day off :)