Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday, April 18

Today was a Monday.  There was nothing special about it.  I went to work.  I worked while I was there, and then I left work at the appointed leaving hour.  I did go shopping after work.  Because I can.  I am bad at shopping I have realized.  I shop in mommy mode.  You know, I have a screaming toddler with me so I had better get what I need and get out fast.  And I have that mind set even when I don't have a screaming toddler with me.  Even when I can take my time.  I find it difficult to take my time shopping now.  If I don't see what I want within five minutes, it's not there and I might as well not waste my time in that store.  I was able to take an entire hour to shop.  And then I was hungry and had to leave.  But I spent an entire 60 minutes shopping.  Good for me.

I made the most delicious cake tonight.  I decided I should experiment with gluten free chocolate cake.  Really I wanted to make a sugar-free, fat-free cake.  But I decided flour-free looked better, and I had all the ingredients, so it won.  I will make this one again.  I just sliced it so I can bring a piece to work tomorrow, and I want to eat the entire cake right now.  I wouldn't even feel bad about it.  It is so good.  I think I don't want to share it.  I made it as a sharing cake, but it's too good to share.  But here is where I found it so you can make your own.  Because I'm not sharing.  I may have to experiment with more gluten free recipes, that one was certainly worth it. 

Band was fun tonight.  We had a guest conductor tonight.  It is certainly a different experience when you have someone else telling you how you should play.  And I think we possibly listened better tonight than we normally do.  We must have been on our best behaviour, company manners and such.  Maybe I will bring yummy cake to band next week.  Doesn't that make you want to join band too?  There's cake.

I need suggestions for the Sunday Hymn for Easter Sunday.  I have ideas, but why don't you tell me what song you sing on Easter to celebrate that He is Risen. 

1 comment:

Robin said...

Mmmm, cake. Can that be a Scrabble word? (I mean 'mmmmm', not cake)I want cake.

For an Easter song I like "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" It sounds happy, as it should.