Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Perfect Child

Do you ever have those moments where you think "really, is this my child?  She's being perfect, that's not normal."  I took Gloria to the optometrist three weeks ago.  She was perfect.  She sat still, she moved when she was told to move, she looked where she she was told to look.  Perfect, angel child.  Makes a mom proud.

Last week I took Gloria to the dentist.  I figured since I needed to go she might as well come with me.  We arrived at the dentist's office and Gloria was a bit nervous.  It's a new situation, I understand being nervous.  But we went to the exam room and Gloria was again angel child.  She sat in the chair.  The dental assistant showed her how the chair moves up and down.  Gloria got to pick her toothpaste flavour (bubble gum) and what kind of vitamins she wanted on her teeth (root beer).  Then the dental assistant put the chair down, Gloria lay down, and opened her mouth.  Okay.  And that was when it was my turn to go to the hygienist.  So I didn't get to watch the rest of Gloria's time at the dentist, but I listened.  Gloria laughed as her teeth were polished (because it tickles).  They took pictures of her teeth.  I was impressed with that.  I remember going to the dentist as a kid and hating the xrays, it always made me gag and I didn't want to do that.  But Gloria sat super still and they got pictures of her teeth.  The dentist came and checked her teeth too.  No cavities.   

When she was done she sat by me while I had my teeth cleaned.  It was so boring and took too long (according to Gloria).  She also informed me that she won, because she was done before me.  But, perfect child at the dentist.  I was very impressed with her.

No comments: