Children are messy. Our kitchen floor is always in need of a good mopping. Unfortunately I frequently fail to mop the floor, there are many more interesting things to do than mop the floor. So I wear shoes in my house. House shoes are necessary. So one night after supper I pulled out the broom and the mop, and my children proceeded to fight over who got to use which broom. And who got to use which mop. We have two of each (children, mops and brooms), so there is plenty to go around. One broom for Colin, one broom for Gloria. Now Mom gets to help. One mop for Colin, one mop for Gloria. Now Mom gets to help. Then we did the dishes. Then Tony pulled out the vacuum, and Gloria got hers out of the closet, and Tony and Gloria and Colin vacuumed the living room. Colin played with the vacuum after Gloria was done.
Yep, our family time was cleaning. I'm glad my kids like to clean. I hope it will last.

No comments:
Post a Comment