- I have two healthy children. Gloria is very determined and independent (but she wants someone to watch her being independent, it's apparently better with an audience). She is funny and loves stories, and has started paying attention to the stories at church and will tell me about them in the car after church (today it was Jesus calms the storm. Gloria told me that God told the storm to go away, that's mostly right). She wants cuddles and kisses. She loves her brother. Colin is growing lots, it's why he is always hungry. He is happy and has beautiful smiles and has just learned about laughing. He is generally content, but it's better when there is supper in his mouth (even if he isn't eating it). And even if he doesn't like sleeping during the day he does sleep at night (five to seven hours at a time, I hope he keeps it up). Each morning when he wakes up he talks to his mobile instead of crying and will smile at me when I pick him up.
- My husband has a job he likes. Yes, it's five hours away, but he now works four days instead of two weeks, so I get to see him more frequently. It's very nice to see my husband happy about work. In the last three years there have been too many jobs, and too many jobs he hasn't liked, so it's very nice to see him liking this one.
- This winter has been amazing. There has been one week of really cold weather, and I avoided that by being in the hospital for three of those days when I had Colin. I took the kids for a walk outside today. Gloria splashed in puddles and I didn't have to bundle Colin up at all. It's March, weather like this doesn't happen.
It's too easy to complain. I decided I need to be more thankful. I also thought I would share.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
I'm tired
Today is one of those days when I am tired of constantly being needed. I'm tired of constantly needing to supervise. I'm tired of hungry little boys who don't sleep during the day. I would love some time by myself, for myself, to do the things I want to do. Generally when both kids are in bed what I get to do is laundry, dishes and tidy the living room. Those are not things I really want to do, they just need to get done and it's easier without small children. Have you ever noticed how much laundry there is? It seems that just as I catch up on the laundry there is another load to do. So in my moment of self pity and grumpiness while I was thinking about how I would rather be doing something I wanted to do than doing dishes, I thought, really, what would I do? I don't have anything to do anyway. So really, what am I complaining about? So, then there were thankful thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment