Colin is now 2 months old. That means he got to go for his first immunizations. He was terribly insulted by the entire thing. Really, it's just not fair that we pick on the baby like that. The poor little boy just looked at me with his pitiful sad eyes as he cried and he seemed to be telling me that he couldn't believe we would do that to him. He also screamed it too, just in case I didn't get the message. But then he fell asleep and got over it. So for ten minutes we had a sad, pitiful baby, and then he was fine.
But besides getting needles, I also had him weighed, I was curious. I think my chunky baby is huge, and so I wanted to know how chunky he really is. He is now 13lbs4oz. That means he has gained 5 pounds since he was born. That's 5 pounds in 9 weeks. Wow. He is a chunker. In comparison, Gloria was 11 pounds at two months.
What else about Colin? Well, he sleeps. He sleeps well. He will eat like crazy between 6 and 7 in the evening. Then he will sleep until 10 or 11, then eat again and then sleep until 7 in the morning. That's fantastic. And he wakes up with smiles and conversation instead of crying. He appears to like the light fixture in our room because it gets the loudest conversations. He will not keep blankets on him, he will immediately kick them off, so he gets to sleep in a baby sleeping bag thing so he can stay warm at night. He gives big smiles to his sister when she's not in his face. He is a bit of a mommy suck sometimes (I don't mind) and will not let anyone else cuddle him. Overall, he is a wonderful baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment