We have had a year of smiles. Aren’t we lucky to have such a wonderful baby?
It's too easy to complain. I decided I need to be more thankful. I also thought I would share.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
I have a happy boy
My boy turned 1. I was thinking the other day about how last year, the week(s) before he was born, I was very desperate to be not pregnant anymore. I was very done being pregnant. Oh, right, and I wanted a baby too.
Well, we finally had our baby, and he has pretty much had a smile on his face ever since. We have such a happy boy. The first few weeks we would look at him and think, “no, I don’t think babies should smile this early. It must be a gas smile.” And then we thought, “that’s real, he is really smiling at us.” He was just about 2 weeks old when we recognized his smile was real. He smiled at everyone, especially his Mom (I got the best smiles. I still do.)
I have a baby book for him. I write all the milestones in it. I wrote down his first smile (or when we finally recognized the smiles were real), his first tooth, his first step, his first haircut. All the firsts. I also write a bit at the end of every month about Colin, what his personality is like. Every month I write, “you are such a happy baby,” or something very similar to that. But it’s true, he is so happy.
He smiles at us in the middle of the night when he wakes up screaming (“oh good, you’re here”). He smiles in the morning when he gets out of bed (“oh good, you’re awake, we can play now”). He smiles at his sister, even when she isn’t nice to him. He smiles at day care. He smiles at his car seat. He smiles at his high chair. He smiles at Gideon (and tries to claw his eyes out). He smiles at Grandma. He smiles when he hears music (and dances, it’s adorable). The only time he didn’t smile was when I took him for his pictures at Walmart on his birthday. I put him down and stepped back and he got a pouty lip and started crying. It was an adorable pout, so I bought the picture with the pout. But, he mostly smiles at everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment