For example, I made a family hand picture for our front entrance. All our hands cut out of pretty paper and framed. How cheesy is that? I was even impatient to make it. But Colin took his time to join our family so I had to wait to make it. You will notice it says 2012 at the bottom. I even have ideas for a 2013 thing.
What else have I done lately? There's a foot book. Take some paint, some heavy paper, some children with feet, and you have the makings of a book. One thing I learned while doing this book: keep two hands on the baby, and have someone help you with his foot prints, otherwise the baby ends up doing a face plant on the floor. Not that it happened to me (or maybe it did), I'm just letting you know things that could potentially happen when you make this book with children who can't stand up on their own.
There's more. I made a growth wall for the kids. You know, that wall at Grandma's that everyone stands against and she measures how tall you are. (side note: I stopped letting her measure me when I was about 12, I was rather bitter about how short I was and how much taller than me everyone else was. It's not fair you know.) I decided I needed one of those walls. But because we live in a rental house I needed the wall to be portable. So I bought a shelf board and painted it white and hung it on the wall. Now I just need a few more years (and maybe some more kids) to fill out the wall and it will be looking better, right now it's a bit bare. I'm a bit sad that I didn't start this when Gloria was a baby, but I'll get over it. I put her birth height on the wall. And if she was measured on anyone else's wall I will gladly take that measurement and add it to my wall. I added hand prints (Colin got a foot print because that's easier than a hand print) so that it's more than just 6 lines, that would be too boring. Yes, I made Tony stand against the wall. And I allowed myself to be measured. But it's just a line, I didn't actually put the measurement in, that would be a bit too sad for me.
So, I was a bit crafty. And very cheesy. Apparently I am gooey over documenting my family.
1 comment:
I want to see your foot book now! Very cool. Do you have the measurements for Gloria from doctor checkups and immunizations? My kids have a couple measurements on Diane's wall, but otherwise just on stickers from the doctor.
Melissa
Post a Comment