Gloria: every day you surprise me. You do something new and wonderful each day. One day I was crying and you looked at me and said, "you need a tissue. I'll get you one." You went and got a tissue and then made me blow my nose. You held the tissue up to my nose and said, "blow hard. Again. One more time. Good job Mommy." Another time I was sitting and feeding Colin and I said, to myself, "I need a drink." You went into the kitchen, got a cup from the cupboard, got the milk from the fridge, and poured me a cup of milk. You even brought it to me. And another time you were reading your Daddy book, and when the book was done you looked at me and said, "my Daddy loves me." Oh, Gloria, yes he does.
You are trying to be independent. You want to do everything yourself. You can make toast. You can pour drinks. You pick your own clothes. You brush your teeth yourself. You ride your bike around the house. You make your bed, and clean up (but only when you want to). There are so many things you can do yourself, but once you gets stuck, or it's harder than you thought, you get so frustrated, like it's the worst thing ever that you can't do it yourself and life is going to be over. Kind of like your mommy-- it's hard to ask for help. You love your brother so much. To the point that I have to tell you to leave him alone. Every morning after you leave your room the first thing you do is ask where your brother is, (unless Nana is here, then you ask where Nana is) and then you want to give him a hug. Even if he's asleep. And when he's asleep you want to yell in his face for some reason. I have to keep reminding you that you need to let him sleep. You want to pick him up all the time. You give him so many hugs. You help me change his diaper and help me "check for poops."
You are so funny. The things that come out of your mouth make me laugh. One day you held up a letter "U" and asked me what it was. I told you it was a "U" and you said, "a me?!?" You fell asleep in the car the other day and when I drove over a bump you woke up and yelled at me for waking you up. "Don't wake me up Mommy, I'm tired." You said good bye to the poop dirt at the park. You told me one day, "I don't like your tatitude!"
You are helpful. You like to do the dishes. You can sort laundry and know which drawers your clothes go in. You help to change your brother's diaper. You want to pour your own drinks. You love to grocery shop, in fact some days you point out every grocery store you see and ask if we are going to buy groceries. You also point out all the gas stations and tell me we need gas.
You are growing up so fast. I hope you are always as determined as you are right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment