I really wanted to take pictures of Gloria in a pile of leaves. You know, the typical fall pictures of the cutest kids you know sitting in leaves and having so much fun throwing the leaves. Likely a picture of the kids laughing while the leaves are in the air...well, at least I have the cute kid part. See those leaves in her hand, they ended up down my shirt. She thinks she is so funny. This is the only picture I was able to take of her in the leaves. After this handful of leaves that she put down my shirt she tired of the leaves and left. Sigh. Maybe I will try again next year.
But I did get a picture of Tony raking the leaves into a pile for us, so the photo session wasn't a complete loss.
I think that picture isn't that bad considering there were a lot of children around doing things that didn't involve sitting and Gloria wanted to join them and why was I making her sit when there were things to do. One isn't bad.
And finally, I make chocolate pie. Mmmm, Grandma Taylor's recipe. The kind that you eat only on special occasions when there is family around. The kind that you eat with cheesecake and whipped cream. Mmmmm. Gloria gets to lick the beaters. She was hamming it up for the camera. Granted, getting to lick the beaters is very exciting, but licking the beaters and having Mom think you're cute and getting a picture, that's even better than just getting the pie filling.
No comments:
Post a Comment